Authentic Spanish Rice
Baked Spanish Rice
Baked Spanish Rice
Spain's climate is really varied, and you'll discover places here which get so chilly in winter - it's not all sun, sea and sand.
Warming, hearty Spanish rice recipes - such as this delicious one for Arroz al Horno or Baked Spanish Rice - are just perfect for those cooler days.
You'll find two ingredients in it which are extremely popular in Spain ... spicy, chorizo sausage; and healthy chickpeas.
And, crumbled strands of Spanish saffron bestow that wondefully sunny, yellow color on the rice, along with a powerful aroma.
Unsure how to skin tomatoes?...
...Just cut a cross in the underneath part, place in boiling water for a minute, then refresh under the cold water tap. The skin should peel off easily.
Can't be bothered to skin them?...
...Cut tomatoes in half, grate, and discard the skins.
Don't have any chorizo sausage?...
...Use any spicy sausage, or black-pudding.
Authentic Spanish Rice Recipes - Arroz Al Horno (Baked Spanish Rice)
Ingredients - for 4 people
- 4 cups rice
- 8 cups stock
- 200 gr pork - cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup pre-cooked chickpeas
- 1 potato - sliced into thick rounds
- 2 ripe tomatoes - skinned and chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages - thickly sliced
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 strands saffron - crumbled
- Olive oil
- Heat oil in pan and sauté pork.
- Add potato rounds and colour.
- Introduce chickpeas and tomatoes.
- Lower heat and cook gently for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix in chorizo and rice and stir well.
- Pour in stock and crumbled saffron.
- Bring to boil.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Place a halved garlic head on top.
- Cook in a medium oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove garlic head before serving.
|Mediterranean Diet Recipes: 300 Deliciously Easy Spanish Tapas Recipes
Treat yourself, your family, and your guests to mouth-wateringly versatile dishes, fit for banquet or barbeque, using everyday, affordable ingredients. Click here...
"You'll also discover more delicious, traditional
Spanish recipes on
this page. Enjoy!"