Easy Spanish Dessert
Home-made Spanish flans are easy to prepare, ingredients simple, and you'll find they offer a deliciously light ending to a meal.
What's more, they're extremely versatile...
You can either stick to the basic recipe, or titivate it up a bit ...
For example, with the recipe below, replace some of the milk with freshly-squeezed orange or tangerine juice for a mouth-watering change.
Are you entertaining?
Then turn the flan into something special, by decorating with piped cream and a few orange slices - your guests will love the result.
Never think that the stodgy, rubbery variety you can buy in supermarkets is anything like a wonderful, home-made flan!
Spanish Dessert Recipes - Flan
Ingredients - for 4 people
For the custard ...
- 600 ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
For caramelized sugar ...
- 100 gr sugar
- 150 ml water
- Make caramel: dissolve sugar in water over low heat.
- Once sugar's dissolved, increase heat.
- Boil mixture without stirring until syrup is golden brown.
- Pour into one large or four individual moulds.
- Prepare custard: mix milk, eggs and sugar in electric blender.
- Strain through sieve into mould/s.
- Bake baño maría style - in tin half full of hot water.
- Bake at 175 C (moderate) until set. (About 15 mins small moulds, 45 mins large ones.)
- Leave to cool, turn out and decorate if wished.
|Mediterranean Diet Recipes: 300 Deliciously Easy Spanish Tapas Recipes
Don't cure health issues ... prevent them instead with these mouth-wateringly affordable tapas recipes from Spain. Click here...
"You'll also discover more delicious, traditional
Spanish recipes on
this page. Enjoy!"