Are you struggling with skincare problems?
Then try out these easy, affordable recipes for cleansers, creams, face-masks and soap, all
using olive oil. Olives grow in glorious abundance in Spain – in fact, the country is the world’s number one producer of olive oil.Extra virgin olive oil adds a superb flavor to your food … plus, studies show you’ll benefit healthwise from using it – something you can’t say about most pleasures!
There’s even more good news for you. Olive oil – with its gentle conditioning properties – produces the most amazing results when used externally for skin and hair care. Why waste money on expensive skincre products? Use extra virgin olive oil instead!
and say hello to powerful olive oil!
This pure, chemical-free juice has been tried and tested for generations – with no nasty experiments on animals.
And, at around $16 for a bottle of top-quality extra virgin olive oil, can you afford not to use it?
- its oleic acid makes it a natural skin regenerator, keeping your skin soft and supple
- the squalene in it allows your skin to retain moisture, at the same time nourishing and providing protection – in particular for dry or sensitive skins
- its vitamin E content aids healing procedures
you’ll look and feel a million dollars in no time …
and at very little bother or expense.
Olive oil skincare – beauty treatments
olive oil skincare – facial cleanser
1. An extremely simple olive oil cleanser recipe is to take a paper towel, fold in half three times, saturate with extra virgin olive oil, and then wipe over face.
Follow with toner and moisturizer.
2. Or, try this other cleanser:
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- Mix ingredients together.
- Apply to face and neck.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water.
olive oil facial
For a dry-skin facial mask, mix together extra virgin olive oil and a mashed avocado pear. Smooth over face, leave 15-20 minutes, and rinse with lukewarm water.
olive oil moisturizer
Use extra virgin olive oil as a face and body moisturizer. If your skin is oily, dilute with a little water. Or, to improve the aroma (and your wrinkles) add a drop of lavender essential oil.
Olive oil skincare – olive oil for eczema
Eczema, basically, is an itchy inflammation of the skin, usually caused by an allergic reaction so, when treating it, natural products work best – in particular, olive oil.
Rub generous amounts into the afflicted area. This will not only improve the condition, but will also soothe.
and you don’t need a prescription from the doctor.
Olive oil hair
Olive oil’s excellent for nourishing your hair, leaving it silky smooth.
olive oil hair treatment
1/2 cup olive oil
cling film to wrap round your hair (or plastic bag)
- heat olive oil in microwave until pleasantly warm
- massage oil well into scalp using fingertips
- wrap cling film round hair
- leave at least 30 minutes – you can leave overnight
- wash hair as normal
olive oil skincare – soap making
Olive oil makes a particularly mild and gentle soap. Here, we’ve added a small amount of coconut oil to improve lather.
olive oil soap recipe
- 40 oz olive oil
- 10 oz coconut oil
- 16 oz water
- 7 oz lye
- optional: 2 oz essential oil for perfume
- Carefully stir lye into water.
- Leave to stand until temperature lowers to around 100 Farenhite.
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan until melted.
- Mix in olive oil and heat until around 100F.
- Carefully stir lye mixture in with oils.
- Fully mix oils and lye for one minute using electric blender.
- Stir in essential oil (optional).
- Pour mixture into mold.
- Leave soap to harden 24 hours.
- Remove soap from mold and slice into bars.
- Leave soaps to stand around a month before using.