If you’ve visited Spanish open-air fruit and veg markets, you’ll know just how easy it is to get carried away with the colorful, healthy bargains and overbuy.
So, what do you do with all that extra fruit you bought?
Why not make a healthy, delicous drink out of it?
Below, you’ll find an extremely simple recipe for a strawberry drink – though most soft fruits would be suitable.
It’s rather like a milk shake, but uses yoghurt instead – which adds to its health benefits.
Delicious … healthy … what more can you ask?
Check out also our wonderful Spanish recipes page, where you’ll discover many tasty and affordable recipes to accompany your batido de fresas.
non alcoholic spanish drink recipes – batido de fresas
- 4 plain yoghurts
- 1 small cup of sugar
- 2 cups water
- 16 large strawberries – cleaned
- Few drops lemon juice
- Heat together water and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Set aside to cool.
- Blend all ingredients together in electric mixer.
- Leave in fridge until cold.
- Pour into individual glasses and serve.