is the well-known “garlic mushroom” dish,
or “champiñones al ajillo”…
Chilli pepper adds a spicy bite – but leave it out if you don’t care for it.
Once again, a simple, affordable, quick-to-make recipe – and healthy too.
And, just one more of the 300 dishes you’ll find in my Spanish Tapas E-book, which shows you how to turn healthy, everyday ingredients into mouth-watering memories of Spain …
GARLIC MUSHROOMS (CHAMPIÑONES AL AJILLO)
Ingredients – for 4 people
- 400 gr mushrooms – thickly sliced if large; left whole if small
- 4 cloves garlic – peeled and sliced
- 1 red hot chilli pepper – chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly-chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Slice two of the garlic cloves.
- Heat a little oil in a pan.
- Tip in sliced garlic cloves along with chopped chilli.
- Cook for a minute, then mix in mushrooms and sauté.
- Crush remaining garlic cloves with a little salt.
- Mix in parsley, plus sufficient oil to form a paste.
- Stir the mixture in with the mushrooms.
- Cook a further 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.
|Spanish Tapas E-book
Searching for tasty, healthy memories of Spain, using affordable, basic ingredients? Get them by clicking here…