Why are they so popular?…
Well, apart from their exquisite taste, prawns represent terrific value-for-money … they’re low in calories, and packed full of essential nutrients such as magnesium, zinc and selenium.
They’re also rich in the all-important Omega 3 fatty acids.
What’s more, gambas al ajillo is an ideal tapas dish to make at home – it’s so simple and quick to prepare, plus the prawns are best enjoyed immediately after cooking.
So, pour yourself a glass of wine to sip while you’re making them – you’ll enjoy the experience even more.
The following recipe for garlic prawns is just one of 300 exquisitely simple recipes you’ll find in my Tapas E-book …
GARLIC PRAWNS (GAMBAS AL AJILLO)
Ingredients – for 4 people
- 400 gr prawns – shelled
- 6 cloves garlic – peeled and sliced
- 1 red hot chilli pepper – finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly-chopped parsley
- 1 lemon – quartered
- Heat a little oil in pan and add garlic slices.
- When just starting to color, add the chilli pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then increase the heat.
- Mix in the prawns, then sauté 1-2 minutes each side.
- Season, and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Serve, accompanied by lemon wedges.
|Spanish Tapas E-book
Searching for tasty, healthy memories of Spain, using affordable, basic ingredients? Get them by clicking here…