This simple, family recipe, is based on two popular and economical ingredients – chicken and rice.
You cook it on top of your stove, so there’s no need to use your oven.
What’s more, it’s a one-pot dish, so you won’t have piles of washing up.
All of which just goes to show that the Spanish can be an extremely practical race, leaving more time for romance and life’s pleasures, but still enjoying a wonderfully tasty meal.
Do you prefer your chicken completely fat-free?
Then pull the skin off before chopping into smaller pieces.
And, do take care not to burn the paprika when adding to your recipes, as it makes it taste rather bitter.
Spanish Rice Recipes – Pollo Con Arroz
Chicken with Rice
Ingredients – for 4 people
- 1 chicken – chopped into pieces
- 2 cups rice
- 1 onion – peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper – cored, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 strands saffron – crumbled
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Olive oil
- Heat oil in a deep pan and saut� chicken pieces.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper to oil.
- Cook over a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in saffron, paprika, stock and wine.
- Bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir chicken pieces into rice mixture and cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust seasoning, and serve.
|Spanish Tapas E-book
Searching for tasty, healthy memories of Spain, using affordable, basic ingredients? Get them by clicking here…