Plus, it will go with just about anything.
Chicken’s a relatively economical dish in most countries.
Being white meat means it’s healthy, plus you can easily pull off all the skin before cooking, leaving the meat fat free.
The following recipe includes two products for which Spain is famous – garlic (anti-oxidant) and lemon (vitamin C).
Don’t include any white pith in the lemon zest, as this will make the dish taste bitter.
And, you’ll find the saffron doesn’t just add a sunny, yellow color to the dish – it also bestows a wonderful aroma.
authentic spanish food recipes – lemon garlic chicken
Ingredients – for 4 people
- 1 chicken – chopped into smallish pieces
- Half head of garlic – peeled and crushed with salt
- 1 cup of water
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 strands of saffron – crumbled
- Olive oil
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add chicken pieces and sauté until golden-brown.
- Season and place in large, shallow casserole.
- Sauté crushed garlic in pan.
- Stir in water, zest of lemon and saffron.
- Bring to the boil and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in lemon juice.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 170C for 45 minutes – or chicken tender.
|Spanish Tapas E-book
Searching for tasty, healthy memories of Spain, using affordable, basic ingredients? Get them by clicking here…