Who hasn’t been tempted to buy brightly-colored peppers from your local greengrocer?
Not only do they come in all shapes and sizes, nowadays they come in all colors, too!
What’s more, they’re chock-a-block full of healthy vitamin C.
But, what do you do with them once they’re in your fridge?…
… Why not try out this deliciously simple recipe for peppers stuffed with chicken?
You’ll find it ideal for using up left-over chicken or turkey.
Although a tapas recipe – it’s one of 300 you’ll discover in my Spanish Tapas E-book – as with most tapas recipes, it’s extremely versatile and you can easily turn it into a full, main meal simply by adding a portion of rice.
In the photo above, I happened to use small, thin green peppers.
But the size and shape of your peppers don’t really matter, and nor does the size.
Using bell peppers?… Just slice the top off and have them standing to attention.
Are your peppers large and long?… Slice them in half lengthwise before filling, and lay them on their sides.
And, now for the recipe …
SPANISH TAPAS RECIPE – STUFFED PEPPERS (PIMIENTOS RELLENOS)
Ingredients – for 4 people
- 4 green peppers – cored and de-seeded
- ½ small cooked chicken
- 1 onion – peeled and grated
- 2 ripe tomatoes – halved and grated, skins discarded
- 1 small glass milk
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- Olive oil
- Heat oil in pan and soften grated onion.
- Add grated tomato and cook over low heat about 5 minutes.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken and finely dice flesh.
- Introduce chicken to tomato and onion mixture.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir flour into mixture and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in milk and heat until thickened – stirring.
- Season to taste and stuff peppers with mixture.
- Bake peppers at 180C for 30 minutes approx.
|Spanish Tapas E-book
Searching for tasty, healthy memories of Spain, using affordable, basic ingredients? Get them by clicking here…